I really don't understand you guys. You should be happy that something is
happening and it looks cool and matches every possible theme the user might
choose afterwords because it is as neutral as possible (B&W). I can't see
how the current GDM is better that the proposed one? The new style just
feels modern and will definitely not be liked by many but many others will
enjoy it. That is just a start and if implemented it will develop and become
better over time just as every theme, program or whatever product. As this
is only a mockup we will have to wait for a real release to be able to
criticise more.

Just my 2 cents