On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 02:35 +0000, ubuntu-art-requ...@lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 15:23:50 -0700
> From: Mike Basinger <mike.basin...@ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Forums need design assistance
> To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Cc: Ubuntu Forums Council <ubuntu-forums-coun...@lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> I made a lot of changes on the forums this weekend. Please let me know
> what you think?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> --
> Mike Basinger
> mike.basin...@ubuntu.com

Mike,

The new site is coming together with a very professional look. Thorsten
your comments are spot on - thanks.

The thing which caught my eye were the icons. They are drawn as buttons
even though they are not.

Borrowing the handy work of the Design Team "pictograms", I put together
a mock up with revised icons which are consistent with the branding
standard. I drew the icons with borders when they may very well present
better without.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1066/5159498235_00fb7974c8_b.jpg

Thoughts?

John