My 0.02 EUR, don't take my critics as flames....

Le Mercredi 14 Février 2007 23:25, Jan Claeys a écrit :
> > I think we should keep in mind the audience here.
> (...)

1. A good part of the Belgian audience are LUG members and many LUGs
install Ubuntu at Install Parties. So the question is : what has Ubuntu
and ubuntu-be to offer to LUGs ? Not much, I'm afraid : getting free
CDs is no longer a key incentive (and no longer easy), and they get
technical support from ubuntu-nl and -fr communities.
But maybe you could launch among them the idea of a "Belgian
personalized CD" ?

2. If the support points map is really effective and if you have stats
about the way it has been working, this could be interesting for
visitors, especially foreign ones. The map was a really new idea,
wasn't it ?

3. The actions targeting "institutions" could be hightlighted : VLOD,
Ubuntu cyberclass in Vivegnis, etc. Maybe also the press campaign
sponsored by Linux-services.be and its results ?

4. Is there a reason for a service provider to choose Ubuntu? Why
ubuntushop.be and not anotherdistroshop.be ? Show special advantages
(if any) a service provider can get from Ubuntu/Canonical ?
Maybe a flyer with Belgian "Ubuntu certified" service providers ?

5. If not speaking about DIPRO fairs, at least pictures to show real
action has been done.
--
Snulkid
-----