On do, 2007-02-15 at 05:29 +0100, Snulkid wrote:
> 1. A good part of the Belgian audience are LUG members and many LUGs
> install Ubuntu at Install Parties. So the question is : what has Ubuntu
> and ubuntu-be to offer to LUGs ? Not much, I'm afraid : getting free
> CDs is no longer a key incentive (and no longer easy), and they get
> technical support from ubuntu-nl and -fr communities.

I didn't ask for free CDs.  :)

> But maybe you could launch among them the idea of a "Belgian
> personalized CD" ?

That might be a good idea; maybe we can even press our own CDs then, if
we can find some sponsors.

> 2. If the support points map is really effective and if you have stats
> about the way it has been working, this could be interesting for
> visitors, especially foreign ones. The map was a really new idea,
> wasn't it ?

Yes, it was, and other LoCoTeams are interested in it.

> 3. The actions targeting "institutions" could be hightlighted : VLOD,
> Ubuntu cyberclass in Vivegnis, etc. Maybe also the press campaign
> sponsored by Linux-services.be and its results ?

> 5. If not speaking about DIPRO fairs, at least pictures to show real
> action has been done.

Yeah, that could all be part of a slide show.

> 4. Is there a reason for a service provider to choose Ubuntu? Why
> ubuntushop.be and not anotherdistroshop.be ?

> Show special advantages
> (if any) a service provider can get from Ubuntu/Canonical ?
> Maybe a flyer with Belgian "Ubuntu certified" service providers ?

There are only 1 or 2 of them, I think?  (Probably this certification is
too expensive for small shops...)

--
Jan Claeys