Jan Claeys wrote:
> This would mean changing the installer, and would be more work.
> (But maybe the "Mint" people have done this work already?)

that was my opinion concerning the main ubuntu distro. I just believe
that ubuntu/linux won't make it to the normal consumer-market if it
doens't get over these patent-proprietary-we-reject thing. Just give the
stupid user a checkbox so he can choose himself. As 90% of the normal
users will not understand the information from the ubuntu wiki that
explains how you must activate + install the packages.

But whatever :-)

--
Christophe  Vandeplas - Belgium
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]