On Jan 15, 2008 10:00 AM, David Prieto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Have you thought of the possibility (since Brasero does everything
> Nautilus-cd-burner does, and more) to have the places → cd creator menu item
> launch Brasero? It would be good not to overpopulate the menus, and having
> two different applications for a single task would confuse newcomers anyway.

I would also like to argue for this: Brasero does everything n-c-b
does, and more. One of the goals/specs set for hardy is reducing
duplication within Ubuntu. If we would add brasero but keep n-c-b as
well we will be increasing the amount of duplicate functionality.

What is even more important is that ncb and brasero have a very, very
similar user interface, but not exactly the same. This can be very
confusing, as it feels like you are working with the same application
but then e.g. suddenly the burn cd button has moved to a different
location.

Some concerns have been raised about brasero being a more advanced
program with more options that you don't really need, but I think that
is not the case. The programs, if you disable the sidebar in both,
look almost identical. There is no options or preferences dialog in
brasero. It does all things ncb does with equal ease, but at the same
time it doesn't have the limitations that I mentioned in my first
email.

Wouter.