On 16/01/2008, Corey Burger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The difference here is that burning a cd of files is basically the
> same as managing files, as where as managing your music/photos is a
> very different thing, with defined tasks, etc. For that matter, Fspot
> and RB should make it trivial to burn photo/music/mp3 cds within their
> interfaces, leaving NCB for burning random files.
>
> Corey

I couldn't disagree more. Should xchat have its own CD burner, for
instance? To burn logs or downloaded files to a cd? No, what we need,
is a single, available and reasonably simple way of doing things, not
one way for each conceivable application. It would be impossible to
manage, and making the system alot less clean. Or would it be possible
to convert all open source applications this way? I don't think so,
even if we wanted to.

Brasero is easy to use. I think it should be moved from Sound & Video
to Accessories or System Tools though. Backing up data doesn't have
anything to do with sound or video, even if it's possible to backup
music too.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad