Wow, yeah that was a long time ago...definitely grab the newest version
using the WebKit and Midori PPAs. It's really great and it's GNOME too. I
find it to be much faster and sleeker than Epiphany, and seems to have more
features. IMHO, it's just designed better. It is certainly not ready to take
on Firefox, but in the long term, it certainly could.
I would encourage everyone to give it a shot using the newest version
Midori (or Epiphany) vs. Firefox
What would Midori need to replace Firefox? It has plugin support, so
let's forget about the number of actual plugins (similar to Empathy
vs
Pidgin, it would be unreasonable to expect that gap to close before we
make a change),
since the major ones seem to have been ported. What does Firefox have that
Midori doesn't which keeps it from being the default browser in Ubuntu?
(Let's also forget for this discussion that Epiphany is the default for
GNOME and pretend that Midori just replaced it)

http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo