On 12-10-15 02:30 PM, Nicolas Michel wrote:
Hello Brian,

I'm curious at knowing which app did you used on Windows to log that kind
of information? Maybe that knowing it will make it more clear what features
you do want.

This is just speculation, but a *long* time ago when I was a Windows user, I used a program called ZoneAlarm that was an application-level firewall that would prompt the user for permission for every single application that attempted to connect to the internet.

I'm not aware of anything similar for Linux (but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist; I haven't looked)