On 09/30/2013 06:05 PM, Joseph Godino wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-10-01 at 00:37 +0400, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Joseph Godino <jgodi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>         Hello All,
>>
>>         I just installed the September 20th daily build of Ubuntu
>>         GNOME one my
>>         PC. The installation was flawless up until the final phase
>>         when I was
>>         asked to restart my computer. Upon hitting the restart button
>>         the screen
>>         went black and after a few seconds the CD ejected. However at
>>         this point
>>         the screen remained black. I had to initiate a
>>         control-alt-delete to
>>         reboot the computer. The system ran without error after that.
>>
>>         I also installed the proprietary Nvidia drivers from the
>>         Software
>>         Center. I experienced no problems after doing that.
>>
>>         This looks like a GREAT release!
>>
>>         Cheers,
>>
>>         Joe
>>

>> Hi Joe,
>>

>> Could you please give the latest daily build a go (fresh install) and
>> check if everything is fine?
>>
>> Thank you and much appreciated :)
>>
>> P.S.
>>
>> The restart after completion is a well-known issue, I mean the black
>> screen with no message to ask you to press enter to reboot. Isn't that
>> what you mean?
> I get a prompt to reboot the machine but then the screen goes black, the
> CD ejects but that is it the computer does not reboot. I tried a fresh
> install with the September 28 daily build and got the same result. This
> time I had to power off the machine since control-alt-delete would not
> work. However, I have been running that build for a couple of days and I
> have not encountered any serious issues just some minor bugs.
>
> I would like to continue testing but it will be difficult for me to do
> this on bare metal unless I can find another machine otherwise I would
> have to do it inside a virtualbox. Any suggestions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joe

Correct. What should happen after selecting either restart or shutdown
is the screen should display a message saying something like, "Please
remove installation media, close tray if any, and press Enter". But the
screen is often just blank.

I find that this buggy behavior is more reliably reproduced if choosing
"install" from the main menu rather than booting to the live DE first.
Regardless all of the later bugs keep getting marked as a duplicate of:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/966480

It does effect Ubuntu and Lubuntu images as well as Ubuntu GNOME images.
That bug needs to be edited to reflect that it effects Saucy but I can't
figure out how to do that.

Lance