On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:05 AM, Joseph Godino <jgodi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I get a prompt to reboot the machine but then the screen goes black, the
> CD ejects but that is it the computer does not reboot. I tried a fresh
> install with the September 28 daily build and got the same result. This
> time I had to power off the machine since control-alt-delete would not
> work. However, I have been running that build for a couple of days and I
> have not encountered any serious issues just some minor bugs.
>
> I would like to continue testing but it will be difficult for me to do
> this on bare metal unless I can find another machine otherwise I would
> have to do it inside a virtualbox. Any suggestions.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joe

This: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1194895

Which is a duplicate of the old but still alive bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/966480

Please read my comment:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/966480/comments/22

As a workaround: Use LiveUSB and use UNetbootin to create it OR 'dd' method
but you must be very careful whenever you are using 'dd' command.

Thanks :)

Best Regards,