I don't think "doing it solely for your own good" contradicts doing something that might be of benefit to some others, as if you have to take the interests of those others into account before you start doing something.

The highest good anyone can does for himself or herself is also the highest good for everyone else. You don't have to take into consideration all of the interests for all of the other parties before you start doing your thing. That aside, probably doing someone a service, thinking that the product might be of use to someone, is good enough in itself.

But I don't think the person is trying to sell a copy of Ubuntu Gnome, as the other author mentioned. I think the person is trying to sell a complete system that has Ubuntu Gnome installed on it, and actually the wording is so bad that you can't distinguish between the two.

I think the best service you can do to this person is to help him clarify what he wants to sell, but that aside, it's not like there's a monumental problem here; the guy wrote a bad ad.

There are people selling copies of Ubuntu Linux (and other derivatives or distributions) and I know there is one in the Netherlands and he is actually doing a service to people who cannot download or burn themselves. There are also people I believe on Amazon or Similar in the USA doing the same thing. You buy a small package for a small price, usually around $8 or $10, and you get a DVD sent to you.

You can end up in situations in life where the simple means of burning a disc yourself can be unavailable to you.

Then having a DVD sent to you is a real help.

Regards,