Hello Gora,

In the process of using SCIM Baraha the last several weeks, two features
present in the original Baraha have come to my attention that relate
with its efficiency of use, and it may be well worth considering their
incorporation (should it be possible).

1. In the Baraha system, F12 is a toggle button for toggling between
English and whatever language one is typing in.

This F12 toggle is extremely helpful and practical. When one is working
fast, to have to stop and go through the SCIM scroll list of languages
to switch to English-- and then back to Hindi, is difficult. If such
switching happens frequently in a document, it becomes tedious and
slow.

Perhaps SCIM already has such a toggle feature. If so, please let me
know which key is the toggle key. If there is no such feature in SCIM,
then it would be very much helpful for Baraha users to have this feature
added, which they are used to.

I had not mentioned this to you earlier and I do apologize. But if it is
possible to add this toggle feature in, it will be great.

2. Baraha has a memory window in which during 7 seconds or so after
typing any given letter, it maintains that letter in its active
capacity. That is to say, if one has typed a joint consonant (such
as ष्ट) or if one has typed a consonant with matra (such as मे) and made
a mistake in the latter part of the character, then one has 7 seconds in
which the computer will continue to see the first part as a unit which
can be added to. So there will be no need to delete the entire
character. For example, if one typed मे but meant to type मि then one
can just backspace once and redo the matra. There is no need to
backspace twice to delete the म  and start the character from the
beginning.

Over the course of a full document, this is quite time-saving and quite
practical. In our SCIM baraha, whenever one makes an error in the midst
of such a combined character, one has to delete the entire character and
start again. And sometimes these characters involve 4 or 5 keystrokes.

I do not know whether there may be some way to incorporate this feature
into the SCIM Baraha set-up. If there is a way to do it, that would be
great.

Regards,
Swarup