Hi! all,

 Would you guys stop this B***s***t discussion of "old members" vs
"new members". By nay standards I am in Open source world far longer
than most (almost all) the so called "new members". Just that few
people discovered the ubuntu India bit later than you guys. So its in
betterinterest of the whole community that you guys drop the ego of
being "old members"

 Coming to the discussion, how many times do we need to reiterate
about the horrible state of navigation on ubuntu-india website ? All
the solution proposed by so called "old members" will maintain the
statuts quo of the site and notsolve the biggest mennace on the site
which is "navigation". May i ask the the guys who are shouting about
more contribution, how will more content help in locating the content
on the website ?

 No the so called "new members" are not here to overturn any regime,
these guys are here to improve the website. If you hold the site to
your chests nothing new will happen. It is normal for "old members" of
any community to resist change because when something new comes it
creates a new way of doing things and requires new methods of
learning. But we have seen an example of 58 yrs old guy trying to
learn Ubuntu, have some shame and atleast try to look the POV of the
someone who is suggesting you a new thing.

 I can lecture on this for hours but no use because my lecture will
not solve the real problem, "navigation" and organization of content
on ubuntu India website. I have NOT SEEN EVEN A SINGLE EMAIL BY "OLD
MEMBERS" ON THIS ISSUE. Stop beating your own drums and come in sync
with real world. And please before ranting on the mailing list *try to
re read the email". This is not some "frustoo center" where you can
come and take out your frustrations in terms of long rants and
egoistic behavior. Even so called "new members" have jobs in hand,
they also work for long hours in a day.

 Let me reiterate the purpose of this email thread "We need a overhaul
on the Ubuntu India website in terms of restructuring of content,
better navigation and a new decent look and feel". No we are not
looking at a 6 month campaign to increase contribution and please the
so called "old members" can start a new thread on how to increase the
contribution.

So guys just put some constructive ideas into the thread.

regards
VK