On 10/17/07, Parth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have  just one point to make - First contribute stuff into the
> wiki, which we consider is most important, rather than sitting to
> beautify the interface. We do agree to the point that we need to
> upgrade MediaWiki, and will be done asap!

 Sweetheart, adding content to website is a longterm goal. But what we
are trying to attain here is a short term goal. One time excercise.
Fix the navigation, define the structure for adding new content and if
need work on a new look and feel. Do it once and forget for next three
years.
 I agree with you that having new content continuously is of atmost
importance but this has to happen regularly. Creating new content is
should be  the overall goal for next three years and restructuring is
over immediate goal for next three weeks. Do i make time line
difference clear ?

 Guys why are you working so hard on making things difficult ? As for
drupal vs wiki debate, let me deploy a parellel test drupal instance
and configure it with a workflow. Let it be ubuntu-india beta. We all
("old members" and "new member" :-p ) can try it out and see whether
it works or not.

 any takers for parallel deployment of drupal (or a mixed solution) as
ubuntu-in beta ?

But navigation improvement is something should be of top priority. So
please put in your suggestions in terms of improving the navigation or
restructuring the "*existing*" content.

regards
VK

PS:- I have added ubuntu India blog planet as one of the suggestion on
http://www.ubuntu-in.org/wiki/Web2007 and these are the kind of
suggestions we want right now. Also see how i tagged blog planet as
"non wiki" solution.