Hi,

* Jeff Waugh:
> It's already pretty scary that we have www/help/docs/wiki subdomains, none
> of which are doing the other any favours when it comes to interlinking or
> raising our Google juice. Let's try not to let this happen again.

Don't forget people.u.c and fridge.u.c!

I think that subdomains are appropriate in some situations. the doc.u.c
subdomain exists simply to provide html previews of the documentation in
progress through the unstable release cycle, which is necessary to
encourage contributors and is not something that the wiki can do (it
should really be named docteam, but that's another point).

If the marketing team encounters a similar need to share drafts and work
in progress with the community (which they don't seem to have quite
yet), I think we need to be able to assist them. We can discuss that
best way to do that when the need arises.

Matt