Hi Chris,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 11:57:39AM +0100, Chris Rowson wrote:
> I've just had an email from the good folks over at thedailymotion.com
> - who have heard about our viral video project.

You sure about that site?

It redirects to http://www.richvideos.com/ which is a searchspam site.
http://www.dailymotion.com/ is that what you really meant?

> It seems that they're big fans and users of Ubuntu, and would like to
> help out with the hosting/publishing our viral videos.

This is going to sound negative, but I just don't know how else to word it.

Whilst it's great to get distributors on board, I'm not convinced they're
the best "partner" for the site. Why not just release the video(s) on a
*.ubuntu.com domain or from an existing site. Then again they can be
uploaded to any site of this ilk (youtube, heavy, blip.tv, ustream, and so
on) there's no real need to tie yourself to one of them. Hosting is (in my
opinion) the _least_ of your worries.

The primary goal is to get them made in the first place I'd have thought.

How about setting out some themes or goals for video content on the wiki? Or
maybe come up with some scenarios that _you_ would like to see made in
video. Coming up with those ideas always seems to be the tricky thing IMO.

You could also schedule a meeting on irc to get people talking about it, or
maybe add it to the agenda for an existing (Marketing?) meeting?

Cheers,
Al.