These are Bob Spencer's comments:

>> Rusty found a few things applications need to do and should send out

this info.)
  Mainly applications are responsible for putting themselves to the top.
So there are 4 things I know of:
        - X-osso entry in .desktop file
        - call osso_initialize() at start of program
        - have a service file
        - listen for notificaiton to put itself to the top of window
stack
   Rusty said he had some code for the calc that would show us the
light.

> Agreed that the status line is a hack but will do for October.

OK, closed for now.
TBD:

>> I added a couple of new methods:
>>      launchAppFromId (id)
>>      launchAppFromPath (full-path-to-app)
>> The exising should be deprecated (but is still there):
>> launchApp(index)

These are already checked in, along with the change for apps w/id > 10

> One other "feature" I added that might be of interest is a banner
> that gets displayed when the app is launched and gets torn down once
> the app is fully visible. Some apps take a long time to launch and
> this was intended to give the user feedback that something is
> happening. It uses the hildon-banner-show-animation() method to
> accomplish this.

I like this but I want it to go away as soon as the application window
is displayed, which requires yet another notification to be sent or
something.  Apps such as calc and notepad currently show the banner you
mention but it sits there for 3-5 seconds, long after the app started
and even after closing it :)

>>> - Eliminate the need to have .desktop files in /usr/share/mobile-
>>> basic-flash/applications.  ...

OK.  .desktop files in /usr/share/applications should include
        MobileId=<id>
        Category= ?
        MobileOrder=<index> (optional)
If "MobileId" is not present, the application is not displayed in the
home screen
If MobileOrder is not included, then the home screen determines the
order
Category should be mandatory.  Is "Category" the right field?

>>> Marquee Panel:
>>>

> I think that would be an improvement. Our customer, for whatever
> reason (probably habit), still wants the drop-down menu with the
> extras menu, but we will enable this functionality only for them.
> The key thing here is getting the .service file stuff working so that
> you can get back to the instance of your running app from the home
> screen.

OK.  It would be nice to give the user a few options wrt marquee
contents:
        - functionality of top-left icon:  home, apps, running apps,
none (if hardware has home button)

Bob