Ian wrote:
> Ola,
>
>> I think we had talked about using the "Category" field as well
> In the context of maemo, Categories field refers to the Status Bar
> and it has three values...permanent, conditional and temporal.
> Permanent plugins are shown well, permanently I guess. Conditional
> and temporal plugins are shown only when some condition is met.

https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/branches/maemo-af-desktop
/restart/hildon-status-bar/hildon-status-bar-main.h

>> but aside from an XPCOM extension that provided a javascript method
>> to C code,
>
> Just a request.If this method is chosen that it also includes the
> ability to do a:
>
> from xpcom import components
>
> With the PyXPCOM binding we can write application code in Python,
> compile it in XPCOM and make it available like a C++ component in the
> app framework.

Note taken.

>> Top-left icon will be updated and will take you home.  No drop-down
>> menu.
> So in this case Hildonize Step 2 in the tutorial

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UMEGuide/ApplicationDevelopment/Portin
gAnAppToUME
> will no longer be necessary?.

No, there are two drop-down menus in the top-left corner.  We are
discussing the far-top-left menu, not the application-specific drop-down
menu that drops down when you click the window title.  This will still
exist.
Bob