> I like this but I want it to go away as soon as the application window
> is displayed, which requires yet another notification to be sent or
> something.  Apps such as calc and notepad currently show the banner
> you
> mention but it sits there for 3-5 seconds, long after the app started
> and even after closing it :)

I believe I have it implemented the way you are describing. The home
plugin puts up the banner prior to execing the app, then listens for
notifcation from the hd-wm for either a "entry_info_added" signal or
"entry_info_stack_change" which get fired when the application gets
displayed, at which point the banner gets torn down. The banner that
you are describing in calc and notepad are different and I think they
are controlled by the "StartupNotify" (true/false)  setting in the
desktop file (not sure about this). They seem fairly useless as the
app is running already.

>> I need to generalize all of my changes to the home plugin (as there
>> are some customer specific things that wouldn't be appropriate to
>> moblin) and then I plan to send you guys a patch for possible
>> inclusion. I'm hoping to have this done by the end of the week. I
>> should probably first merge with your latest changes, so just let me
>> know when you commit them.
>>

> OK, but we like these goodies too.

I might need to ping you for some git help. I git cloned mobile-basic-
flash and commited my changes locally. At this point I just want to
do a diff between my tree and your stuff without merging, but not
sure of the command.

> OK.  .desktop files in /usr/share/applications should include
>       MobileId=<id>
>       Category= ?
>       MobileOrder=<index> (optional)
> If "MobileId" is not present, the application is not displayed in the
> home screen
> If MobileOrder is not included, then the home screen determines the
> order

Sounds good.

> Category should be mandatory.  Is "Category" the right field?

Actually I think it's "Categories" based on some of the .desktop
files that I have looked at.

> OK.  It would be nice to give the user a few options wrt marquee
> contents:
>       - functionality of top-left icon:  home, apps, running apps,
> none (if hardware has home button)

That would be very cool, even if was just a configuration setting
that had to be manually set to start.

Bill