Ola,

> I think we had talked about using the "Category" field as well
In the context of maemo, Categories field refers to the Status Bar and it has
three
values...permanent, conditional and temporal. Permanent plugins are shown well,
permanently I
guess. Conditional and temporal plugins are shown only when some condition is
met.

https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/branches/maemo-af-desktop/restart/hildon-status-bar/hildon-status-bar-main.h

> but aside from an XPCOM extension that provided a javascript
> method to C code,

Just a request.If this method is chosen that it also includes the ability to do
a:

from xpcom import components

With the PyXPCOM binding we can write application code in Python, compile it in
XPCOM and make it
available like a C++ component in the app framework.

> Top-left icon will be updated and will take you home.  No drop-down
> menu.
So in this case Hildonize Step 2 in the tutorial
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UMEGuide/ApplicationDevelopment/PortingAnAppToUME
 will no longer
be necessary?.

[]'s