Hi,
I have been using Ubuntu Mobile for a while, and happy with it, and even
updated it to Jaunty.
It fits better with the Tablet PC than Ubuntu-Netbook.
Thanks to all those who made this available.
I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:
1) I have an idea of how to make "xvkbd" come up at login, since I need it
for a Tablet PC with no keyboard.
However, what I currently do is anugly hack as follows:
sleep 5 && /usr/bin/xvkbd -geometry -10-10 &  # This is used for the xvkbd
keyboard during login
That I place before the "exit 0" line at the end of the following file:
/etc/gdm/PostSession/Default
However, I was wondering if anyone can give me a more proper way to achieve
this, something that is more in line with what is actually happening when
GDM is login.
2) This is kind of a long shot, but I was wondering whether there is any
way of making the Touch LCD detect and work as Ubuntu is booting, and if a
virtual keyboard could also be provided at bootup.
The reason I am asking this is that currently, due to the nature of Tablet
PCs with no keyboard, I cannot encrypt the hardisk of the PC, because I
will not be able to type in the password at log in.
Thus, Tablet PCs with no keyboard lose out on this security feature.
I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me any pointers or
direction on this.
Thanks