I think you are mislead by the term "Masters of the Universe".  At no
point is everyone in #ubuntu-motu a domain specific expert on every
facet of every type of package.  For expert advice, you probably want
to join channels dedicated to that subject.

I see MOTU as a channel for general questions and questions regarding
generic packaging and preferences, and specific channels for detailed
oriented.  I don't think anyone says you can't ask on both forums, nor
kicked anyone from the channel.

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:10 AM, ubu...@kitterman.com
<sc...@kitterman.com> wrote:

> "Soren Hansen" <so...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:03:52PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>>> Today in my backscroll I see:
>>>
>>> [15:13:58] <fabrice_sp> shadeslayer, what do you want?
>>[...]
>>> [15:29:16] <shadeslayer> fabrice_sp: that package was sponsored by maco in
>>> #kubuntu-devel :P
>>>
>>> This is completely inappropriate. Let me know when #ubuntu-motu is open for
>>> everyone in the Ubuntu community.
>>
>>Sorry, maybe I'm being dense, but which part exactly is offensive?
>
> The part where someone is told because the package name starts with q,
> #ubuntu-motu is the wrong channel. The person doing the asking is in fact
> very active in #kubuntu-devel, but was reaching out to MOTU to try and
> broaden themselves when they got sent away.
>
> This may seem over sensitive to you,  but recently someone was turned down
> for MOTU because they work on KDE packages and this sort of pushing away
> people focused on one part of Universe only reinforces the problem.
>
> Scott K
>
> --

GPG Key ID: C92EF367 / 1428 FE8E 1E07 DDA8 EFD7 195F DCCD F5B3 C92E F367

WWW: http://www.sharms.org/blog