On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 01:44:39PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> The conversation didn't start with "help me with this package". It
> started with "I want to be a MOTU".

True.

> My read is someone who said they wanted to become a MOTU was sent away
> and that's not very Ubuntu. #kubuntu-devel is not the best channel for
> people that want to be MOTU.

That depends. If said person is mostly/only interested in KDE stuff, it
sounds (based on the name, I've never been there) like the best place
place to get guidance on that subject, and only a few e-mails ago you
becried the fact that people working on KDE had their MOTU application
rejected. If you believe working on Kubuntu should be a valid path to
becoming a MOTU, what's wrong with working more directly with the
Kubuntu developers in #kubuntu-devel as your way towards MOTU?

Again, I have to stress that noone was thrown out of #ubuntu-motu. A
more focused forum was simply pointed out.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer