> Does MOTU support or endorse the IRC servers available on the xchat server
> list ?
> Does MOTU support or endorse the the radio stream availables on the
> 'tunapie' stream list ?
> Does MOTU support or endorse the the<insert your application
> media/software/etc source here>  ?

IRC servers and radio streams are not installed as root and do not
modify OS configuration. They are just user settings. And to my
knowledge, no other application in the Ubuntu archive attempts to
install specific third-party repositories by itself.

> I don't think kpackagekit, packagekit-gnome and adept received such an
> extensive testing as Software Sources/Update Manager/Software
> Center/Synaptic, still they are on the archive.

Adept (in the past) and KPackageKit are standard package management
applications in Kubuntu, supported by the Kubuntu developers. Package
management is what they *do*, it's their whole purpose. Ubuntu Tweak is
a kitchen sink of random features.

> Why is that wrong as long it's clear than an install operation will be
> invoked ? Please note that there are Ubuntu default apps which do that, the
> language support app comes to my mind.

First of all, it is a checkbox. Users typically don't expect an
application to be installed by merely clicking a checkbox without an
explicit "install" button. The language support application is a
specific case: it is essentially a mini package manager, which installs
localization packages from a list.

> So you agree that there is a need for ubuntu-tweak until the other bugs get
> fixed, right :) ?

"Need" would be too strong, since those settings are available in gconf.
(And I said that "need" for the casual user only strictly applies to the
part of Ubuntu Tweak that modifies gconf settings.) Some users may find
it useful, but I would rather not see it in the official Ubuntu archive.