J:
> "run this command, I'm not going to tell you why,
> or what to expect, or how to navigate the menus and options, but just
> run this command".

The process is completely guided. It's like instructions on the instructions themselves. People aren't interested in that.

J:
> What degree of agreement was there before you unilaterally decided to
> replace the existing page with the one you have been working on?

A big amount of people that were frequent Ubuntu contributors are now posting about Fedora on their social media. And even the founder of Kubuntu is now making his own distribution, just because he was unable to figure out how to reach consensus within this community (his own words).

For years I just sat here and waited for a more appropriate moment for addressing those issues, but that moment never came. Meanwhile the contributions went drastically down, projects around Ubuntu were shut down because of the lack of trust on Canonical, and people started moving to other operating systems.

(https://youtu.be/APxGubAkOz0?t=1m4s)

Thermal bathing time is over. I want a feasible solution now, on how we are dealing with disagreements and how we are releasing changes in a sensible time frame. Otherwise I would have to do what's on my side, which is moving where contributing actually translates into real work.