Walter and everyone else,

(Stuff deleted)

Regardless of your feelings, the entire community is based on consensus.
It's baked into the Code of Conduct. If you're impatient on how long that
process takes (often a long time), I think it might be better to find a
place where every commit is automatically accepted, although I think you'll
have a hard time finding that place.

Might it be possible to arrive at a compromise?

I am thinking that there may be a solution acceptable to both points of
view, and that would be a brief summary of the steps up front, each step
ending in a "read more..." link to the detailed description below.

If I'm wrong please pardon the interruption.

Chris Hermansen