Some disaggregation of the IRC channels is in order. #ubuntu is bad for your
mental health. As one with the Gerald Ford syndrome (I can't walk and chew
gum at the same time), I simply can't keep the threads sorted out.

#ubuntu-server at 1/6th the size of #ubuntu is more intelligible but even
then, some threads are beyond my cognitive ability. I presume the authors
have some purpose in posting but the posts themselves defy comprehension.

How about #ubuntu-server-panic for those times when a formerly working
server is broken; #ubuntu-server-support for help in adding new features;
#ubuntu-server-lounge for general bs.

I read
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-maverick-communitythree
times before it started to make some sense. Maybe I am getting old and
the bloom is off the rose. The most fun I have had lately is playing with
the Google App Engine (python). "Development" of neo-plastic embolisms is
not healthy for an organism.

Jim

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubu...@kitterman.com>wrote:

> One of the work items listed in:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-maverick-community
>
> is now:
>
> + ubuntu-server IRC channel: both support and devel. Change the topic to
> + remove Support.
>

> If we are going to drop support from the topic of #ubuntu-server, what is
> the
> plan to support the server community on IRC?  In my experience server
> people
> require a different kind of support than desktop users and so I don't think
> tossing server support into #ubuntu is the right answer.
>
> Scott K
>
> --

Rev. Jim Tarvid, PCA
Galax, Virginia