On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 10:37:41 +0200, Ross Gammon wrote:

> Hi
Brian,

> On 08/21/2016 10:27 AM, br...@linuxsynths.com [1]wrote:
>

>> Hi, I find that python 3 regularly runs a background daemon that's
using cpu more than I like. It's the usr/sbin/update-apt-xapian-index
daemon. Is there a way to stop this or make it run at fewer intervals?
Thanks. brian

> A quick google confirms that this is a long standing
problem (but not
> one I've seen myself):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt-xapian-index/+bug/363695
[2]

> It was a long thread, so I didn't read. But there might be some
help in
> there somewhere. And you could always add your experience to
the bug (or
> submit a new one, referencing this one).
>
> Cheers,

Ross

Thanks for the link, Ross. At least now I understand that it's not
my set-up per se, but an issue that someone upstream needs to resolve
(if that's their desire). I guess I'll just have to live with it for now
and hope for a change. (I've never had this problem in the past, that's
why I thought it was my set-up and not a general issue.)

brian

Links:
------
[1] mailto:br...@linuxsynths.com