On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 11:23:03 +0200, br...@linuxsynths.com wrote:
>On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 11:10:07 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 10:59:44 +0200, wrote:
>>
>>> Great suggestion Ralf! Already done! :) And, it seems it wasn't
>>> needed
>anyway, since there were no conflicts indicated in Synaptic when I
>selected to remove it.
>>
>> You are welcome!
>>
>> You cared to remove apt-xapian-index and not software-center?
>
>I only removed the xapian packages (there were another 2 packages when
>I did an autoremove). But I kept the software-center installed, as it
>can be useful sometimes.

Hi,

was apt-xapian-index installed by a default Ubuntu Studio install?

If so, you perhaps should add a bug report at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntustudio with a link against
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt-xapian-index/+bug/363695 ,
if it shouldn't be already reported.

I ask, because I didn't make an Ubuntu Studio install and it's even not
a default install of any other Ubuntu flavour.

Btw. you again missed to reply to the list.
Please, always reply to the mailing list. I only send privately, too,
because my mails need to pass moderation and this takes very long.

Regards,
Ralf