Aug 2016 10:59:44 +0200, wrote:

> [...]
Already done! :) And, it seems it wasn't needed
>> anyway, since there
were no conflicts indicated in Synaptic when I selected to remove it.

>>> You are welcome! You cared to remove apt-xapian-index and not
software-center?
>> I only removed the xapian packages (there were
another 2 packages when I did an autoremove). But I kept the
software-center installed, as it can be useful sometimes.

> Hi,

was apt-xapian-index installed by a default Ubuntu Studio install?

If so, you perhaps should add a bug report at

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntustudio [2] with a link against

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt-xapian-index/+bug/363695
[3] ,
> if it shouldn't be already reported.
>
> I ask, because I
didn't make an Ubuntu Studio install and it's even not
> a default
install of any other Ubuntu flavour.

> Btw. you again missed to reply
to the list.
> Please, always reply to the mailing list. I only send
privately, too,
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> because my mails
need to pass moderation and this takes very long.

> Regards,

Ralf

Got it. ;)

Anyway, I don't know for sure whether it was
included in the install, as I'm always adding new stuff. I should add,
that I also use the KXstudio [4] repos, and these may have been
involved. Most likely I added the files somewhere along the way when I
didn't actually need them in the first place..

brian

Links:
------
[1] mailto:br...@linuxsynths.com