On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 13:13:22 +0200, Ross Gammon wrote:
>Ralf is right. This package is not included in the default install of
>Ubuntu Studio:
>http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/germinate-output/ubuntustudio.xenial/all

Hi,

actually I wasn't right, I just didn't know if the package is included
or not ;) and wanted to ensure, that this won't become an issue for
audio real-time performance. I guess several flavours could include it,
since they are not optimized for audio performance.

I see Ubuntu Studio ships with gnome-software and it has got no
dependency to apt-xapian-index. Since a do-release-upgrade installs
recommends, this might be an important note. As far as I can see, no
package including the keyword "software" from this list depends,
recommends or suggests apt-xapian-index, even not by a dependency
chain :).

Regards,
Ralf