On Mon, 2016-08-22 at 23:27 +0200, Martin Hammerchmidt wrote:
> As a user I think it's easier to learn apt to newcomer.

Hi,

that's my guess, too and I suspect that those still using Ubuntu Studio
precise don't need explanations on how to use apt-get instead of apt.
Let alone, that the precise release is much too outdated regarding
production software. Wikis already need to explain how to do the same
things for upstart and systemd and some basic software such as QjackCtl
by different Ubuntu releases, is provide with at least two completely
different GUIs. I guess explaining those things for long time users who
stay with old releases is required, but they unlikeley need apt-get
explanations that often.

Regards,
Ralf