Funny! I would have said about the same thing, but for apt-get.
It's basically all I ever use.

My 2c..

brian

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016
23:27:02 +0200, Martin Hammerchmidt wrote:

> Hello,
> Personally, I'm
using apt all time. As a user I think it's easier to learn apt to
newcomer. But technically I have no idea which one is better.
> If
wikis are slowly switching to apt as you said, maybe the best choice is
to keep "apt". In a few years, apt will be everywhere maybe.
> Regards

>> Hi,
>>
>> as of
today I'm member of "Ubuntu Wiki Editors" team.

>> When editing
Ubuntu Studio wikis, should we stay with apt-get or
>> already use
apt?

>> The file list of precise [1] doesn't provide /usr/bin/apt
but as of
>> trusty [2] /usr/bin/apt is available and it already is the
official
>> recommended Ubuntu command line tool for package
management.

>> For Ubuntu wikis in general apt-get is more likely
recommended, but some
>> documentation already switched to apt. For
other Ubuntu wikis I'll stay
>> with apt-get, but IMO it make more sense
to use apt for Ubuntu Studio.
>> Or should we stay with apt-get?
Regarding upstart vs systemd, I will
>> describe both ways, how to
manage services, for all Ubuntu related
>> wikis.
>>
>> All subscribers
be encouraged to join the "Ubuntu Wiki Editors" team,
>> too.
>>
>> At
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wiki-editors [1] the box on the right

side, provides a "Join the team"-link. For those with knowledge about

Linux, English might not be the native language, so regarding the
form
>> of words proofread and correction is useful when done by
inexperienced
>> Linux users, too.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ralf