Further to my previous post,  regarding the launch party I have the
following

Are launch parties designed for the Ubuntu team communty or aimed at the
public generally ?

I can help with one in Exeter, (i will probably need a lift though, sort
this out nearer the time) ?

If we give copies of 9.04 away, are there plans to have copies of 8.10
to hand so we can give these out too, it won't be that old, and if
people like 8.10 then 9.04 should be better, it may be easier to get
hold of lots of 8.10 cd's, a few months before 9.04 is released. and
hence before the party

I think if we do a public launch event we should follow it up with an
install fest, a week or two later, so we can install for people, and
promote Linux user groups and the loco team page so people can get
support. hopefully by then the DCLUG will be meeting on a regular
basis,  if the exwick centre is open this could mean regular events in
exeter.

What resources do we need for this?,  what funding do we have?, what can
we do to raise funds,  even printing out labels costs money so again it
would be beneficial to have all resources to hand, i did download a diy
cd holder, looks ok but would look better properly printed on thick
paper, again perhaps we can get together, and get some pre-printed, with
the loco team details on  that way as a group we can make a stack of em,
and store,  if we do this over a few months by april we will have lots,
then any cd's we get will hold them regid and can be put all over the
place.

I think people NEED to see the word Ubuntu everywhere,  so it then uses
are more subliminal approach to promoting Linux.

If we are planning a public event we need to advertise and promote this,
widely,  so could do with a decent budget,  to help raise funds, perhaps
sponsorship,  so now is the time to get this in place, so once the
venue, time date is booked, we can simply do a big advertising campaign
to raise awareness

when is Windows 7 released,  as we should do something to tie in with
this,  given many people are going to skip vista and go for windows 7,
given the current credit crisis we could try and gain some ground, and
take avantage of this.   we should use the windows 7 date as some longer
team deadline,

Paul