As I have explained, I have a brand new machine with ubuntu
pre-installed, which was assembled in the USA. A kernel update caused
the driver to become inoperable because it is not the default driver
expected by the update. I am trying to find someone in London who for a
fee of say £100 will undertake to recompile the driver, and also to
install the utility called DKMS, which is apparently able to monitor and
control these conflicts. Anyone in London who wants to earn a relatively
quick £100 is invited to contact me via this thread or by email:
rowan.berke...@gmail.com <mailto:rowan.berke...@gmail.com>