Thanks to both of you. If you meant you found it offensive that I
offered money, then, again, I apologise. I would be happier still if it
could be sorted out for free.

I don't require anyone to come to my home to deal with it, I'm not that
disabled. I can bring  it to anywhere in London. If Canonical only offer
telephone and email support, though, that isn't what I want.  I
seriously want someone I  can trust to do it personally, hands on, and
explain to me what they're doing, too.

I'm free pretty much any time, weekday or weekend, day or evening. etc.
That's the advantage of being disabled, you don't have to work for a
living. I have the occasional appointment, so I need to check any
suggested date, though in the next few weeks I only have two or three
appointments  that I need to keep time clear for, so it's probable that
any time anyone suggests would be fine.