Rowan wrote:
> As I have explained, I have a brand new machine with ubuntu
> pre-installed, which was assembled in the USA. A kernel update caused
> the driver to become inoperable because it is not the default driver
> expected by the update. I am trying to find someone in London who for a
> fee of say £100 will undertake to recompile the driver, and also to
> install the utility called DKMS, which is apparently able to monitor and
> control these conflicts. Anyone in London who wants to earn a relatively
> quick £100 is invited to contact me via this thread or by email:
> rowan.berke...@gmail.com <mailto:rowan.berke...@gmail.com>

I don't know if you're aware of the paid support from Canonical:
http://www.canonical.com/services/support

and I also don't know whether it would be what you are looking for, but
I thought I'd point it out. Obviously they won't send someone round to
your house, but you get telephone and email support.

Tom