Michael G Fletcher wrote:
>> Hi, sorry its taken me so long to get back to you, I just entered that
>> command into the terminal and got this.
>>
>> Linux username-laptop 2.6.27 -8-eeepc #1 SMP Sun Nov 16 12:02:12 MST 2008
>> i686 GNU/Linux
>>
>> hope that helps. I can only get connected via the ethernet wire, if I look
>> in the drop down menu for the wireless, there is no list for wireless
>> connections.
>>
>> John.
>>

> John, it may be that the wireless device in your laptop is physically
> turned off.  Try pushing the wireless switch on the front of your acer
> (i think it's a slide bar) and waiting about 30 seconds, then check if
> any wireless connection are available.

Hi Mike,

I did try that, I remember you showing me when you came over, lol. It
was one of the things I did remember. lol. It didnt seem to work, and I
also just tried it again, when you mentioned it, still didnt work.

I then just looked at the drop down menu in the Network manager, and
found the Connect to Hidden Network link, opened that, entered the info,
then clicked connect and that seemed to work, and connect tot he
wireless network. Since then, everything seems to have worked again.
I've turned it on and off and rebooted, and I'm sending this e-mail via
the netbook wirelessly. Yippee, got it fixed. Dont know what caused
that, but its now working.

Thank you so much everybody for all your help, I really appreciate it.

John. :)