On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 10:18 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

> The point is, it would be a tad annoying going out and buying a modem
> for a specific provider (Three, Vodafone, T-Mobile etc), finding that
> you can't get reception where you want to use it and then not being able
> to return it for a refund.  Luckily where I want to use my dongle I can
> generally get reception (plus I also have the backup of 1GB data on my
> Three contract mobile, not that I've figured out how to use the phone as
> a modem via Bluetooth yet - I did find a guide but didn't have very good
> reception and the guide was for T-Mobile).

I have Mobile Broadband running on my Noia N95 with 3. Very easy to
setup. I use the USB cable to connect to my phone and put the N95 into
"PC Suite" mode. Ubuntu then pops up a window to configure the broadband
modem, as I believe you get with the dongles. All very easy.

I am using Jaunty on and Acer Aspire 1690.

Rgds Ken