On 03/12/11 13:59, Liam Proven wrote:
[1] experts who use multiple OSs and multiple GUIs and are comfortable
in all of them.
[2] techies who only really know one UI and tend to be infuriated if it changes
[3] non-techies, who don't really *know* /any/ UI and barely notice changes
Unity is fine with groups 1&  3 but infuriates group 2.
Nah. Real techies only use the commandline - and they'll be fine with any Ubuntu. Forget the gui and just do 'ctrl-alt-f2' (or f1) and do all your work there. Going from dos to Windows kind of spoilt it for me just the same as when I stopped photographing in B&W and doing my own processing and moved to colour. Mind you, now in this digital age, I can photograph in B&W and process my own .... ;-)

But I do take your point. I think obsessive-compulsive describes your group 2 best.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/