On 07/03/12 13:28, Liam Proven wrote:
Hey, it's a hella cool toy for £15 (standalone model) or £25 (with LAN). They sold out the initial production run in about 3min, at 6AM, and there have been 7 orders a second ever since.
it is cool, and I have one on order, but I do have to pick on this "7 orders a second ever since" thing. That would be 420/minute or 25,200 per hour or 604,800 per day, which just isn't happening. What is going on is someone said something like: "the initial 10,000 sold out in about 25 minutes!!" (which I don't believe - the sites were not able to process the orders fast enough, took all morning to recover, I very much doubt they could do 7 orders/second) which someone else calculated as about 7 a second, and then someone else reported this as a sustained ongoing order rate of 7 a second.

They are taking a lot of pre-orders and the initial batch did sell out quick, but lets get the back of an envelope calculations within the bounds of possibility.

Alan.

--
Libertus Solutions http://libertus.co.uk