On 07/03/12 14:43, Liam Proven wrote:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=raspberry+pi+700+second

I scaled it down 2 orders of magnitude to something I find a bit more plausible.

At £25, yes, I can believe they have a million-odd preorders.

yeah, I had seen the 700 a second stuff too, ridiculous! I can certainly believe they have a lot of pre-orders, certainly in the hundreds of thousands. A million is plausible taking into account international orders. What I am not seeing is a massive buzz about this in the educational sector yet. My teaching twitter friends are not really talking about it, it is a technology thing so far. Anyone else heard about the Raspberry Pi via a teacher or someone at a school who would not ordinarily be interested in geeky stuff?

Alan.

--
Libertus Solutions http://libertus.co.uk