On 23/03/2012 22:34, Barry Drake wrote:
On 23/03/12 22:04, Alan Pope wrote:
Personally I am in this for the long haul. Each 6 monthly release is fantastic, but I'm thinking years away from now, and I'm happy to persevere through the rough times because I think the long term goal is worth it.

Alan - well said! Folk who really want to see progress will go along with what Ubuntu is doing right now. Sure, it isn't perfect, but it is amazing. Anyone who still has doubt, start testing Windows 8 ..... 'shoot' and 'foot' spring to mind.

Regards, Barry.

Windows 8 is like running the phone version, which is about apps.......which is the almost the same as running google chrome OS which I have had a go at both, if people have wondows phones its just a continuation/upgrade, from what I have been playing with....it takes a bit of getting used to as far as using other windows programs, but its not that confusing.....