On 04/10/12 16:21, Anton Kanishchev wrote:
Could you please confirm that your cpu is this one:
http://ark.intel.com/products/50176/Intel-Pentium-Processor-P6200-3M-Cache-2_13-GHz

I have ubuntu running on a t6500 (which in terms of passmark benchmarks is very similar) and it runs very well. While intel at the low end do turn things off. while the processor may not be as powerfull it may be a bug/glitch.does the live version off a distro(usb stick) produce the same results-if 12.04 is lagging then windows 7 will definitely lag(assuming it came with 7, or xp) even worse-since it has a gazillion of services to start.

you could try xubuntu as well to see whether that works or debian- if I am correct both use .deb format so most of the ubuntu packages may work.

If you still have a restore partition to windows 7(or cd's) it might be worth installing just to make sure that it is the performance of the processor and not a bug from the 12.04 install-you can always delete it later.

I deleted the restore partition, I have no intention of using Windows on it, ever. However remember my Friend's Acer is running perfectly on Win 7 and it's identical.