Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:06:56 +0100
From: Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertis...@gmx.com>
To: ubuntu-uk <ubuntu-uk@lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: [ubuntu-uk] Dixons/PC World response .....

After a lot of contact making, including two opposing e-mails from the support
team, I got the following response after copying in the CEO for the group. This
seems to represent the official policy of Currys, PC World, Dixons.co.uk and
Pixmania.com

The message title was: DIX1928366CR, RE: very mixed response ..... and includes
the following paragraph:

"For the pre-loaded Linux operating system on the product, the manufacturers
directly provide technical support. For PC peripherals such as printer there is
an option for customer to download drivers for different operating system like
Windows, Linux and MAC. We would recommend customer to check or ask the store
whether these drivers are available from the manufacturer direct. Our store
endeavour to provide any assistance of different versions of operating system,
however, this cannot be guaranteed all the time. I have logged your complaint
under reference CC2000722. Mohammed Gulfraz - The KNOWHOW? Team." Dated 29th
April.

It might be good if list members could test this out at their local branch by
asking which peripherals do support Linux, and making a complaint if the branch
is opposed to giving this information.

Kind regards, Barry.

--

Good Job.   Raising awareness of Linux among retail companies is a long slog -
with perseverance they'll slowly get the message that customers want