On 05/06/2013 01:55 PM, Barry Drake wrote:
On 02/05/13 16:14, alan c wrote:
I have often got undesirable responses from almost ANY 'shops' selling
PCs, although I have not tried much now that Android is blossoming so
well, and Chromebooks.

I have posted my actions in full at: Ubuntu bug #1 - see: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1

I find it very interesting that nearly four years ago, when I bought my Toshiba Netbook with Ubuntu Remix from Dixons, they were selling like hot cakes, far better than the equivalent Windows machines. Then suddenly, overnight, they disappeared. Now what retailer would remove a best-selling line instantly like that, /unless /there was some sort of external pressure to do so? ;-(