On 09/05/13 21:51, alan c wrote:
A few years ago, I requested, and was granted, a chat with the Manager of PCWorld (Reading). I asked if I could do a small demo of (Ubuntu) near the door one weekend, and hand out leaflets. I showed one of my (computer fair) leaflets. It was a relaxed conversation. He simply asked 'Can I sell it?' I said, 'Well, it is free.' He responded, before hurriedly rushing off, 'Not interested.'

Alan, I was in business for many years. I was in it firstly to give service to my customers and secondly to earn a crust or two! I was not in it for altruistic reasons, although I have done a bit of 'pro bono' from time to time. A manager is only going to pick up on our offers if he might benefit him/herself, his/her trade and his/her customers.

He/she doesn't keep Linux enabled computers because they are poor sellers in comparison to other operating system kit. He/she DOES already stock Linux enabled peripherals. Knowledge of this fact WILL gain (a few) sales with no cost to the store other than a bit of training. ergo any right-minded manager will think seriously about looking into this. AND this will raise awareness that Linux is a 'force' to be reckoned with. May 'the force' be with us!!!!

Regards,        Barry.