On 30/08/15 20:29, Alan Pope wrote:

 > Thanks Al.  That's shown me how badly broken my system now is!  Alt-F
give me the broken dash.  I haven't re-assigned any quick keys on this
system, so I decided to check.

Alt f2, not alt f.

Sorry - my typo. Alt f1 gives the launcher, Alt f2 gives the dash, with the current keyboard settings .... but as I say, some of the gnome-control-center calls (without GTK+ options, just the program name) give deprecated calls for some of the GTK+ library functions .... so as I say, I'm stuck until these are fixed and 'update' and 'upgrade' gives me some new GTK stuff.

Regards,                Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/