On 16/12/15 12:32, Liam Proven wrote:

I think this is a BIOS setting on your laptop. Look for options to
disable such things as sleep/wake and hibernate. Then Ubuntu's
software versions should still work.

There is such a BIOS setting, but I do occasionally want to use 'hibernate', so I'm not going to disable it. It doesn't explain the behaviour of the apps launcher thingy though. That allows me to capture <superkey>+[any key] but does not work the way it ought. That is definitely hard coded, so I have every reason to suppose that the F3 key follows the same pattern.

As I've got everything I want working without using the F keys, I'm going to carry on with that arrangement.

Regards,                Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/